Wednesday, July 20, 2016
Matcha Green Tea Cookies
Green tea is a very popular flavor for Japanese sweets. If you are a beginner for Green tea desserts, Matcha cookies might be the perfect place to start. Matcha cookies have the delicate flavor and beautiful color of green tea. Enjoy this unique flavor of these cookies!!
120g butter, softened
80g powdered sugar
1 unit egg yolk
10g Matcha Green tea powder
How to prepare:
1. With an electic mixer at medium speed, cream the butter.
2. Add the powdered sugar to the butter and continue beating until the mixture becomes yellowish white.
3. Add egg yolk and mix at lower speed.
4. Add sifted flour and Matcha powder and mix all with a rubber spatula.
5. When the dough is unified, cut (pushing out) the dough into pieces with spatula.
6. Repeat this work (cut the dough with stapula) several times. This work is very important!
7. Roll the dough into a thick log and wrap the log with the plastic wrap and chill it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
8. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and cut it into 2cm think each.
9. Bake them for 20 minutes at 170ºC.